Sunday, November 3, 2013

Art: Collage and Mixed Media Decoupage Class in Armstrong BC

This rainy Saturday afternoon was the perfect day to be indoors taking an art class. Our instructor was Jamie Frazer http://www.jamiefrazer.com/home.htm. I have to be honest, this was my first art class I had ever attended as an adult. My mother-in-law had gifted me this class for my birthday and also joined me. Going into the day I had no expectations of myself or Jamie. The one thing I was looking forward to was getting to craft with someone else's supplies, as well having no interruptions i.e. husband, kids, dog. I had once before painted a cherry tree on two split canvases and wanted to do the same cherry tree idea but with different mediums. I started with building the tree branches and trunk using tissue paper and white school glue mixed with a bit of water. I picked up several different shades of pink paper and applied them to start building the blossom effect. I also added a few leaves from an old project that Jamie had on the table of scraps.  The pictures below are my project at the end of the class. I had a great time and left the class feeling inspired.

To hear more from me visit daily http://christineturpin.blogspot.ca/





No comments:

Post a Comment