Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My Top Ten Moments Of 2013

My top 10 favorite moments of 2013:

1. My first time teaching a face painting class. I did this in Salmon Arm, BC at the community arts centre. I had such a wonderful time with all the girls that I had in my class, we had a great time going through some techniques, running through my books of faces, and playing with the products while hanging out in the sun.  It was beautiful.

2. Launching my blog!! I'm pretty stoked about creating something that I'm super passionate about.

3. Downhill Biking in Squamish BC http://www.tourismsquamish.com/. We have an all-girls biking tour every year, and this year we went biking in Squamish and found some trails that we toured on our mountain bikes. These amazing trails through trees with green moss everywhere are totally crazy.  Later in the night we would  bike into town and enjoy the scenery and the people and a great little brewpub http://www.howesound.com/home.aspx.

4. White water rafting on the Columbia River http://www.raftingtherockies.com/. It was very chilly to say the least, but we had a great time.  We stayed in Radium BC and enjoyed visiting the neighbouring town of Invermere, Panorama ski resort and Lussier Hot Springs. 

5. Super Moon in Vancouver. We decided to have a picnic on the beach and enjoy watching the Super Moon, which is a full moon during a close orbit, making the moon appear to be larger than usual. I pulled an all-nighter on the beach and enjoyed this amazing picnic, sparklers and candles. It was so much fun riding our bikes around Stanley Park at five in the morning, way too much fun.

6. Shooting stars. The past summer we went out to my girlfriend Amber's cabin and enjoyed being on Mabel Lake in the boat at night. It was the season when there were a ton of shooting stars and we enjoyed a perfect view from the boat in the middle if the lake. It was the most amazing shooting star display I've ever seen.

7. Zip lining with Zip Trek in Whistler http://m.ziptrek.com/. This October was my first time zip lining and being in Whistler BC. The best way to see Whistler is from above! It was beautiful flying through the trees with spectacular views and great people. Whistler itself has so many beautiful sights to see, drinks to be experienced and foods to be enjoyed. It was such a beautiful , warming and charming little town. 

8. 2013 was for me the year of the picnic. At every adventure I went on, picnic was the theme. Nakusp public beach, Halcyon Hot Springs, and even making a picnic on a random dead-end road that had a beautiful view of the lake. We had a picnic on the back of my car at Silverstar's ski resort with the beautiful sun shining down on us during our mid-day break. I love picnics!

9. I took a class on art decoupage. I had a lot of fun being the student and seeing things through another person's eyes. It was a great experience and I encourage everybody to go take one class in 2014 and try something outside of the box .

 10. Family dinners!  Finally got the hang of feeding large groups of people. I have it almost down pat. One of my favorite things is having people over at my house and being able to have dinner for them. In the last few years I've been grieving over the loss of a few loved ones, and that seems to have taken away the feeling of wanting to have people over, but I'm slowly getting that feeling back where it's comfortable and it's fun again and I'm really, really enjoying setting the table and creating the menu.

That's my favourite  top 10 things of 2013. Thank you so much to everybody who reads this blog, your support means the world to me :) . If you have an idea for an adventure that I should try please let me know . Looking forward to what you all come up with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment